Monday, March 24, 2014

SugarSync Review

I only tried to use it for one day, and I found all of these defects:

the client software that I install on my computer:
- I cannot log off and log in in a different user name. Once you log in you are stuck.
- some of the folders that are shared with me by other friends , their "sync to my computer" toggle button is completely disabled.
- The folder that I managed to turn its sync-to-my-computer toggle button on, SugarSync failed to sync it. It has a 3 GB file inside it. It says that sync is successful and complete, but actually the file is not in the folder. (P.S: I tried to increase the cache up to 8 GB but did not help.)
- Froze several times and became unresponsive. and I had to kill it every time.
- crashed once.


When I tried to access the Website directly , I faced the following Problems:
- it claims that download was successful and I end up with a broken file.
- if download is interrupted, there is no resume download feature.
- When I download a folder , I end up with 3 or 4 of the downloaded files with 0 KB (empty files). Knowing that they are at least few 3KBs in size but still I receive them with 0 KB and status is downloaded successfully.

No comments: